The Optical Trapping Summer School 2018 (OTS2-2018) will be hosted by the Physics Department of the University of Gothenburg from 29 May to 1 June 2018. It will give an overview of optical trapping and optical manipulation, from the fundamentals to state-of-the-art applications.
The school will provide a highly interactive environment with lectures, experimental sections, active involvement of participants and networking, in the spirit of a workshop or symposium.
The school is addressed to master students, PhD students, postdocs and researchers with some experience or interest in optical trapping related phenomena and interested in deepening their knowledge of fundamentals and current applications of this technique.
Registration to the Optical Trapping Summer School 2018
Registration closes on 21 March 2018.
There is no attendance fee, but the number of places is limited.
- Alejandro Vasquez, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), Mexico
- Antonio Alvaro Ranha Neves, Federal University of ABC, Brazil
- Dag Hanstorp, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Halina Rubinsztein-Dunlop, The University of Queensland, Australia
- Juan MR Parrondo, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
- Karen Volke-Sepúlveda, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), Mexico
- Michel Orrit, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Onofrio Maragò, Institute for chemical and physical processes (CNR IPCF), Italy
- Phil Jones, University College London, UK
- Romain Quidant, The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO), Spain
- Alessandro Magazzù, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Giovanni Volpe, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Mikael Käll, Chalmers University, Sweden
- Alessandro Magazzù alessandro.magazzu[at]physics.gu.se